December, 2023: A big thank you to the many businesses, partners and colleagues that we worked with in 2023. Our focus remained on our three chosen verticals: Lifestyle, Learning and Public Service. We undertook significant projects for new clients including:
- Learning Experience Design (LXD) to develop a new training platform for the University of Canberra’s Future Student recruitment and student services teams; and
- Digital platform development for Crowne Plaza and Holiday Inn hotels.
We continued to manage digital experience platforms for many others, including:
- NSW and Victorian Government agencies; and
- independent sites for marquee InterContinental hotels in Sydney, Sanctuary Cove and Hayman Island, all owned by Mulpha.
45,000 children in government care
On a smaller scale, we remain very proud to manage digital platforms that support the vital work of Adopt Change and its My Forever Family program.
In November, Adopt Change held its annual conference at the Sydney Cricket Ground where the number of seats symbolised the number of children in out of home care and in need of permanent, loving families. Incredibly, in Australia, more than 45,000 children live out of home as part of the government care system.
Earlier in the year, in May, it was also a privilege to co-design and facilitate Victorian Tourism Industry Council’s leaders’ forum where experts teased out business and social lessons learned from the Pandemic, including:
- Flight Centre’s Global Chief Executive of Leisure Travel, James Kavanagh;
- Professor Patrick McGorry, former Australian of the Year and globally renown mental health expert; and
- Melbourne Business School’s Professor of Strategy, Geoff Martin.
2024: Do more with less & focus on customers
While the travails of the pandemic are now largely behind us, after 13 interest rate rises in the last 18 months, not to mention ongoing geopolitical conflict, we’re a bit nervous as to what the economy will do in 2024 – and how much we’ll all have to continue to do with less.
For our part, we hope to continue to help our clients understand and, as empathically and conveniently as possible, meet the needs of their customers, students and taxpayers through the design and delivery of better experiences, whether real-world, digital, or both.
In the meantime, we wish readers of this newsletter all the best for your holiday season and sincerely hope you find time to relax and enjoy it with friends and family.
- John, Kat, Bryan, Marvin, Rani, Helen and Emma.
|Komosion will be closed for the Holidays from COB on Wednesday December 20, 2023,
returning to work on Monday, January 8, 2024.