Careers at Komosion
LMS Developer (Moodle)
Safetycare is the market leader in delivering safety training video content. Safetyhub is our digital platform that gives clients access to our content, as well as helping employers rollout customised training via a tailor-made Moodle-based learning management system.
We’re passionate about content. We’re passionate about keeping people safe. We’re looking for a similarly passionate individual who is capable of driving feature development on our platform.
We think of ourselves as the ‘Netflix’ for the workplace.
About the Role
This role is for the Moodle developer who really wants to make their mark in a business. You will be the go-to person for all things platform related. That means you get to work with an extensive suite of AWS tools as well as a multi-tenancy Moodle implementation, WordPress and custom code.
The Safetycare team is agile and open to constant improvement and you will be the developer to help realise all of the Safetyhub product requirements. Of course with great freedom comes great responsibility – you will also be the first line of support for all things platform related.
Safetycare is an established business that is pivoting into a full digital play. As such, we are looking for a developer with an entrepreneurial mindset that will relish the opportunity and challenge.
- Strong knowledge of AWS infrastructure including EC2, S3, Cloud Front and Elastic Transcoder
- Strong Linux experience with working in shell second nature
- Excellent knowledge of Moodle LMS with experience in high availability implementations
- Excellent technical skills in PHP, Ajax, JScript, Bootstrap and CSS3
- Excellent skills in MySQL database administration and optimisation
- Excellent problem solving and bug busting skills
- Understanding of the full SDL for LMS implementations
- Supreme code management capability (Source Control and Continuous Delivery)
- Solid understanding of API development and delivery
- WordPress knowledge looked on favourably
- Great attention to detail whilst writing high quality code
- Ability to question technical status quo and bring forward options for better delivery
- Ability to prioritise work efforts and deliver high impact value to the business
- Agile learner who can understand requirements and quickly convert them to code
- Get a kick out of building maintainable highly performant solutions
- Will build the right solution, not just the sexy ones
- Aptitude for self-starting projects and lead product management
You won’t be boxed in here. We’re after someone self-motivated with great product leadership skills. Good communication of technical ideas will be key as improvement is always on the agenda. We’re seeking someone who wants to maintain high levels of customer satisfaction on our platform, and is also driven to make it better. You’ll be part of an eclectic and energetic team. We nurture innovation and are always receptive to new ideas.
We all share in company provided premium sporting tickets that cover all sporting events at Marvel Stadium, and all AFL games at the MCG. The wine and beer fridge is always fully stocked, and we regularly have team lunches out.
Competitive remuneration package offered.
This is a full-time position based in Malvern East, Victoria for immediate start. Flexible working arrangements can be discussed after 6 months.
To apply please email your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining your skills, experience and availability. Applicants should have the right to work in Australia in a full-time capacity.
Strictly no agencies please.
For a copy of the position description, please download here: